Monday, January 7, 2013

First day without an income.

I can do this. I can be okay with Hans "bringin' home the bacon" while I manage the household. I am independent and stubborn, but I can do this. I have always seen myself with a career. One that requires me to wear pencil skirts, suit jackets, and killer heels on a daily basis. I have this image of myself coming home after a fast paced day of work, ripping my crisp white collared shirt open to reveal my super mom t-shirt underneath and my kids beaming with joy as I set the table and serve a homemade meal. I can be happy with just the super mom t-shirt though. And to show that I am okay with this, I will start my first day of having no income by making the kids an amazing breakfast before school. Pancakes, eggs, and fresh fruit.

At least, that's what I was considering doing as I laid in bed while my alarm clock was going off and I was honestly dreading my first day of being a stay at home Mom. "Don't get ahead of yourself Rachael. If you do it your first day, they'll expect it ALL the time and I am NOT a morning person, so slow down killer." 

So the kids had cereal and I got them off to school. It was actually nice not to be so rushed in the morning. Hans was able to concentrate on getting himself ready for work, while my primary focus was getting the 2 older ones ready for school. The baby didn't fuss once because she stayed on my hip the entire time. 

I am planning an amazing dinner. I actually peeled potatoes and carrots. I can't lie though...I didn't slave too much. I just threw the pot roast and veggies in a mixture of water and Lipton's Onion Soup mix in the slow cooker and it does the cooking for me. "Think smarter, not harder", I tell myself though. "Just because I'm home all day, doesn't mean I have to waste it over the stove." I did however, find time to mix up a batch of puppy chow. I sort of feel like a trophy wife at this point.

I am finding that Tenley prefers to be on my hip all day. This could turn into a problem. She fusses every time I leave the room. She even lays on the bathroom floor while I "conduct my business".

At one point, she was laying on the floor while I was using the bathroom and passing gas like CRAZY! So I started singing: "Pooooping party. We're having a pooping paaaarty. Poopin' on the potty. YEAH!"

Oh dear god, someone help me. It's only day one and I might already be losing my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment