Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Colt's Questionnaire

The worst part about moving every few years is that all of the good habits that I've established for the family are easily lost. It takes me quite a bit of time to get a good routine down again. 

So needless to say, it's taken me a little over a year to find a new dentist for the kids and get back into our habit of 6 month check-ups. 

We're in the dentist office and the Receptionist gives me A TON of paperwork to fill out. I'm already feeling overwhelmed with the fussy baby, the overflowing diaper bag, the 25 thousand Q&A forms, then Madi and Colt start arguing. After 4 or 5 times of me making threats through clenched teeth, I realize that I'm not  getting anywhere. 

Me: Colt, come over here and help me answer these questions. (Colt comes skipping over and plops down next to me.) You ready?
Colt: Yup!
Me: What's your name?
Colt: Colton
Me: When's your birthday?
Colt: Tomorrow.
Me: No...really. When's your birthday?
Colt: I don't remember.
Me: Seriously? You know you're birthday. Take a second to think about it.
Colt: Ugh...MOM! That was SOOO long ago! How am I supposed to remember the day I was born??!

How do I argue with that? I guess it makes sense. 

The next time Hans reminds me of the year I missed his birthday and our anniversary, I'll see if Colt's excuse works for an adult. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment